We are currently accepting applications for one year of comprehensive high volume training in advanced cardiovascular imaging to start July 2017. General adult cardiology fellows completing fellowship in June 2014 seeking Level III competency in both Cardiovascular CT and MRI should apply.
This rigorous program encompasses the broadest range of pathology in:
- Adult Inpatient and Outpatient Cardiac MRI including adenosine stress perfusion and vascular MR angiography of peripheral vessels;
- Cardiovascular CT including emergency assessment of acute aortic syndromes, venothromboembolism, TEVAR, FEVAR, TAVI, iatrogenic complications, LVAD and artificial heart imaging, EP and post-cardiothoracic surgery complications, as well as peripheral vascular CT angiography
- Complex Adult Congenital CT and MRI, pre/post surgical palliation and catheter-based intervention
- Multimodality Workup of tertiary imaging referral cases (cardiac masses, clinical right heart failure for constriction /restriction,etc) correlating with surgical visual inspection at open sternotomy and microscopic pathology
- Maintenance of general cardiology skills including 3-D transesophageal echo, transthoracic echo, nuclear, and clinical inpatient and outpatient care
Fellows participate in:
- Pediatric Cardiothoracic Multidisciplinary Conference
- Thoracic Aorta Multidisciplinary Conference with vascular surgery and cardiothoracic surgery
- MRI physics and CT physics didactics
- Cardiology Grand Rounds
- Cardiac Imaging Multidisciplinary Conference
- Vascular conference
The fellow is expected to gain program development skills and formal experience serving as an assistant medical director responsible for quality control, scan protocols, acquisitions and preliminary interpretations in a busy tertiary CT-MR lab, sufficient to serve as director of a similar MR-CT center. Fellows must serve as faculty at CME programs in cardiovascular imaging and will be involved in graduate medical teaching including radiology residency teaching. In addition, it is expected fellows will participate in ongoing clinical research endeavors and will complete at least one project.
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with PGY 7 level. Our prior fellow, Dr. Robert McCray from the Cleveland Clinic, is now a partner with CVAL and faculty. Both of us are available for inquiries from any interested cardiology applicants. Interested candidates should forward their C.V. and a cover letter detailing their interest directly to my e-mail address below.
If any additional information is needed please contact me.
Mohit Bhasin, MD
Medical Director, Advanced Cardiovascular ImagingSentara Heart HospitalCo-Director, Pediatric Cardiovascular MR & CT ImagingChildren's™ Hospital of The King's™ DaughtersAssistant Professor of Cardiovascular Diseases and RadiologyEastern Virginia Medical SchoolCardiovascular Associates www.cval.orgCell: 757-502-3547e-mail: email@example.com
» Download the Letter (.pdf)